Sunday, February 24, 2013

SHINee - The 3rd Album "Dream Girl"

Well it's been nearly a week since the album was released digitally on the 19th.

I like this album, the way SM promotes it and stuff~

Teaser pictures
The teaser pictures are great, I mean I love the outfits. I really want to see them performing using suits and all. And SM makes it different for them to actually wear fancy suits which is really cool to me. Most people might actually hate the floral printed pants lmfao but T_T I've been wanting those pants since forever it's just that yea no money T_T

Concept + promotions
Okay daebak. At first when I heard about Chapter 1 : The misconceptions of you I was like "WHAT IS THERE GOING TO BE A CHAPTER 2 OR SOMETHING ?" and was actually disappointed that there will only be 9 songs. But few minutes after that they announced about Chapter 2 : The misconceptions of me! With another 9 songs! This is a really cool concept I am so looking forward to Chapter 2 now! And the fact that Chapter 1 is an upbeat album and Chapter 2 will be a darker album ;u; Can't wait! I love how Sherlock is actually an intro for Dream Girl album! SM have been planning this all along which is really really cool!
And as the promotions, haish I love SME so much ? The MelOn Music Spoiler, the comeback show, uploading videos using LOEN with Eng Subs, promoting with NAVER LINE. Good promotions to be honest~ They have been spoiling us Shawols since the Sherlock era ;u; And the variety show omfg SM I love you so much. I know people would be like "ahh they still have to work on vacations". But I am pretty sure the boys actually had a really good time doing things they love ? The show will end when they are releasing Chapter 2 how cool is that!

Music video
Okay, when SM released the MV teaser I was like "wOW THIS IS DIFFERENT". I really like the MV except that when they members were singing their solo parts they just show the upper half of their body. I mean it's not common for SHINee because I always see SM actually did that to Super Junior all the time lmfao. The MV is cool yea with them on beds. And the used of trampoline. I like it a lot. Oh there are only 2 dancing sets I'm disappointed lmfao. I wonder if they are going to make a continuation video for Chapter 2 or just a new video hmm

Choreography
I like the choreo I mean it's very creative. Well using mic stands is not something new but nice try. It's just that.. one thing about Tony Testa is, his choreo focused on the singer, not the background. Sherlock and Dream Girl have similar styles. I mean when you're not singing then you got to stand still. Other choreos, you can see that when a person is singing they will not be dancing like the rest of the members ? This is why I think Tony Testa is not that suitable for SHINee ? I mean I know that the boys can do so much better ? Ok I really like the choreo but SHINee capable to do more. But yea it's still a good choreo and for the boys managed to cover up the unfortunate event on MNET the other day wahh my boys are really really good!!!!

The Songs
To be honest I had the songs on repeat every day because I totally need new SHINee music. For this album I like few songs already, and each songs I have my own favourite parts ?

Spoiler
I love how Sherlock is a spoiler of Spoiler and Spoiler is a spoiler for the Chapter 1 and Chapter 2. The song titles for both album are in the song. I haven't really read the translations ;u; I actually love this song ???? I mean I saw lots of people hating it ;u; I love that "Tonight SHINee's in the house" part!

Dream Girl
Dream Girl probably a song after Electric Shock that I actually love it on the first listen ? It's not annoying like any other SM title songs ? I like most songs from SM it just that I have to listen to them lots of time for me to actually like them. But Dream Girl is different! And the singing parts is well distributed I love it so much! AND I LOVE MINHO's RAP ;u; bless this song doesn't have annoying parts thank you SM!

Hitchhiking
I LOVE HITCHHIKING ?I know they strained their voices a lot in this but it is an enjoyable song ? The chorus is nice when they go "oh oh oh oh oh oh" yea I love it. And Key's narration ;u; And I love the rap! Minho did a good job! 

Punch, Drunk, Love
This is also my favourite song! Singing parts is really really well distributed! and lmfao this song is my jam! This has the old songs feelings ;u; Taem's "Punch, Drunk, Love" part I died ;u; and their harmonization sigh SHINee ;_;

Girls, Girls, Girls
CRY I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH PLEASE GOOGLE THE LYRICS! I actually understood the lyrics with my limited Korean sO SO SO CUTE. The hyungs advising Taemin who doesn't know anything about love ;_; and the lyrics totally describes the members ;_; and Onew gets the lines with piano and every time he talks about piano there's a piano sound I just sigh perfect song

Aside
It's nice to have this song after all the upbeat song~ and SHINee sing this with their perfect voices and perfect harmony I don't know if other groups can pull this off T_T  And they used this song for SHINee's One Fine Day which makes the first listen to be not really awkward? sigh Onew's voice ;_;

Beautiful
This is a typical SHINee's song I think, yea I like it~ Minho's rap ;______________; I love it! The choreo for this song is really really cute T_T Taemin's voice at the end sounds so much like Jonghyun it's scary lmfao

Dynamite
I don't know but I startled whenever Dynamite comes on shuffle because the music is a little louder than other songs ? Ah I love Onew's voice in this! Jjong's and Taem's "Feeeeel it!" ;___;

Runaway
Another typical SHINee's song~ I love that part when they said "hey love let's run away~"

Overall I really love the album, I expect more ballads in the Chapter 2!

Comeback stages
Out off all the comeback stages, I really like Inkigayo. The camera works, the intro~ Probably that was their first time performing it in front of shawols~


I'm hoping for success for this album~ the album sales is ~lower~ than Sherlock but I think their digital sales is okay since K shawols are working really hard on it. What is SHINee without K shawols...
They worked really hard, if you haven't get the album please get it~ I'm not forcing I don't know if you have extra cash and all please get it ;u; If you can't then it's okay~